In an effort to continue efficient communication with our stakeholders and be “eco-friendly”, the Sycamore Community School District #427 will use a “Virtual Backpack” for distributing information from non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, and business partners. Approved flyers will now be available from the district website. Although this will not replace all paper items sent home with our students, it will greatly reduce the amount.
If you wish to receive paper documentation, please contact your student’s school, and these documents will continue to be sent home with your student.
Those wishing to submit information to be posted to the Virtual Backpack may do so by emailing a PDF of the requested posting to Sycamore Community School District #427 in care of Kathy Sloniker (firstname.lastname@example.org ), at least one week in advance of the desired posting date. Please include a contact name, phone number of that person, requested posting dates, title for the backpack, grade level and any other pertinent information regarding the posting. Prior to submitting, please review the Virtual Backpack Guidelines for Flyer Approval.
Materials posted on this page are the responsibility of the organization represented, and endorsement by Sycamore Community School District #427 is neither direct nor implied.
- All Grades — Ride A Horse — Posted through 3/24/2017
- All Grades — The Digital Lives of Children: — Posted through 3/24/2017
- Grades 1-8 — Registration- Sycamore Youth Football and Cheerleading — Posted through 3/31/2017
- All Ages — DeKalb County Community Expo — Posted through 3/31/2017
- Incoming Kindergartners — Kindergarten Registration — Posted through 4/1/2017
- Grades 1-8 — Spring Break Camp — Posted through 4/1/2017
- Ages 5-12 — Registration Sign-Up 2017 Mighty Cogs Football & Cheer — Posted through 4/1/2017
- All Ages — Spring Fling Downtown Sycamore — Posted through 4/2/2017
- Grades 6-12 — Performing Arts Academy Aerial Dance Workshop— Posted through 4/5/2017
- All Ages — Russell Hustle 5K Trail Run and 2K Fun Run — Posted through 4/9/2017
- All Ages — Boy Scout Troop #2810 Applebee’s Pancake Fundraiser — Posted through 4/9/2017
- All Ages — Sons of the American Legion Pork Chop Dinner — Posted through 4/9/2017
- Parents of Teens — DeKalb County YSB – Active Parenting of Teens — Posted through 4/20/2017
- Grades Pre-K-Adult — Fitness, Adaptive, Dance Classes — Posted through 4/20/2017
- Grades K-HS — New Art Classes — Posted through 4/20/2017
- Grades All — Sycamore High School’s Empty Bowl Project — Posted through 4/20/2017
- Grades 8-11 — SHS Cheer Tryouts –Posted through 4/28/2017
- Grades K-12 — Boys Invited to Perform in Grease –Posted through 4/30/2017
- All Grades — Annie Jr. –Posted through 4/30/2017
- Grades 2-12 — NIU 2017 Summer Camps Brochure — Posted through 5/30/2017
- All Grades — Midwest Museum of Natural History — Posted through 5/31/2017
- Grades PreK-5 — Fun Summer Camps — Posted through 6/30/2017
- Grades K-12 — Beth Fowler Summer Dance Camp — Posted through 7/21/2017