SPRING “AHEAD” – Set your clocks ahead 1 hour this weekend!
The next meeting is on March 10th at 7:00 p.m. in our Library. We will be discussing new officers. If you are interested in becoming a P.T.O./W.S.O. Officer, please let Mrs. Dahn know, by calling 815-899-8199 or emailing her at email@example.com . The offices open will be: President, Vice President, and Treasurer. We encourage parents to attend any meeting they can, to keep up with what is going on at West through our Parent Organization. Your children can attend. We have the Sci-Fi High School Students watching those that do.
Monday, March 17th, Send no money! All students will have their pictures taken and you will be given the option to purchase when flyers are sent back to us with the photo on them.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2ND! If you haven’t signed your child up, please call the office as soon as possible, 815.899.8199. Please remind your friends, neighbors, daycare centers, etc. about kindergarten registration for any child turning 5, on or before September 1, 2014. It is important to have as many signed up by that date as possible to plan ahead for the 2014-15 school year.
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
· Friday, March 7th @ 1:10 the 4th and 5th grade classes are going to see the Orcheis performance at the High School.
· Monday, March 10—WSO Meeting—7:00 PM @ West Learning Center
· Friday, March 14—School Improvement Day—End of Nine Weeks—EARLY DISMISSAL—1:00 PM
· Monday, March 17— Spring Pictures—Send no money.
· Friday, March 21—Progress Reports Distributed
· March 24-28—SPRING BREAK
· Monday, March 31—School Resumes
· Monday, March 31—GIRL’S TALK—6:30 PM– 8:00 PM @ Sycamore High School Auditorium
· Wednesday, April 2—KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION—2:00 PM—6:40 PM
ISAT is going well. We are almost finished taking the tests. The kids are doing great and working hard. Students who were absent when their class took the test will be making up their tests as well.
Calls have been made to the winners of our baskets, so if you were a winner, please contact us and let us know when you are able to pick up the item won. Congrats!
LOST & FOUND
Hopefully, winter will soon go away, but our “lost and found” is over flowing with lunch boxes, jackets, boots, scarves, hats, gloves and various other things…..please check your child’s winter “closet” at home and see if any of the items might be missing from it!!!!!!!!!!!! When school is over the items not claimed are taken to the Good Will. We want the owners of the items to get them back, so please take the time to see if any of the items belong to your child(ren).
(815) 899-8199 ext. 4490