West Elementary School Vision Statement:
At West School, we are a community where students, staff, and families work collaboratively and creatively to nurture lifelong learners. We implement best practices and hold all individuals to high expectations of character and achievement.
“IF YOU HAVEN’T SET UP YOUR PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCE, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE TODAY! 815.899.8199. The office will be open all day and into the evening if have questions or need to reach us on Monday and Tuesday of Parent/Teacher Conferences.
FALL/WINTER WEATHER REMINDER
ROYAL FAMILY BREAKFAST
Thanks to all of the WSO Volunteers and to the Parents who participated in the Royal Breakfast. Thank you for bringing your children in and looking through the books! It’s always nice to see Parents participating!
Friday, November 21, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. pie pick up will be at Kindred Hospital on Edward Street in Sycamore.
BOOK FAIR HOURS
Wednesday, November 19th 8:15 am - 3:30 pm
Thursday, November 20th 8:00 am - 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Friday, November 21st 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Monday, November 24th 1:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Tuesday, November 25th 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
· Wednesday, November 19 – BRAIDED BREAD ORDER Information coming home in WOW folder
· Monday, November 24 – NO SCHOOL - Parent/Teacher Conferences 1-8 PM
· Monday, November 24 – Volunteers will be bringing in food for the Teachers’ Soup Supper – Thank you in advance.
· Tuesday, November 25 - NO SCHOOL - Parent/Teacher Conferences 1-8 PM
· Wednesday, November 26 – NO SCHOOL - VACATION DAY
· Thursday, November 27 – NO SCHOOL – THANKSGIVING DAY
· Friday, November 28 – NO SCHOOL – VACATION DAY
· Monday, December 1 – Braided Bread Orders/Money Due
· Monday, December 15 – Braided Bread pick up 3:00 – 4:00 PM
· Monday, December 15 – 4th & 5th grade Orchestra Concert – 7:00 PM H.S. Auditorium
From Mrs. Tonaki, Orchestra:
4th & 5th grade orchestra concert: Monday, December 15th at 7:00pm in the high school auditorium. Students are to report to the high school band room at 6:25 to tune and warm up.
Please note: there will be NO after-school orchestra rehearsals the week of the concert: December 15th, 16th, & 18th. Orchestra lessons, DURING the school day, WILL take place.
ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES, PLEASE STAY SAFE IN TRAVELS AND MAKE LOTS OF FAMILY MEMORIES!