West Elementary School Vision Statement:
At West School, we are a community where students, staff, and families work collaboratively and creatively to nurture lifelong learners. We implement best practices and hold all individuals to high expectations of character and achievement.
LET’S LOOK AHEAD………… MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
PARRC CONTINUES…… please limit visits and early releases of your children during the school day.
· Thursday, March 19th – 5th grade Field Trip will be returning @ 3:30 PM
· Friday, March 20 – EARLY DISMISSAL – 1:00 P.M. – School Improvement - End of 3rd Nine Weeks
· Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27 – SPRING BREAK
· Monday, March 30 – SCHOOL RESUMES
· Monday, March 30 – 4th GRADE “GIRL’S” TALK @ H.S. 6:30 PM - students and adults are welcome to attend.
· Friday, April 3 – NO SCHOOL
· Monday, April 6 – MARKET DAY Pick Up 3:30-4:30 PM
· Friday, April 10 – PROGRESS REPORTS Distributed
· Thursday, April 16 – SPRING SING – 7:00 PM @ Sycamore High School
· Monday, April 20 – SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR BEGINS
· Thursday, April 23 – FAMILY READING NIGHT – 6:00 – 7:30 PM at West School
Spring Picture Proofs
Spring picture proofs are coming home in WOW folders today! Please look them over as they are due back on the Monday, March 30th after Spring Break.
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CALENDAR FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR!
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015 will be the last day of student attendance. This was extended due to the snow days accumulated this past winter.
PARCC TESTING GRADES 3-5
We are continuing to take the PARCC tests and it has been going great. We will be doing make-up testing after Spring Break. Please avoid early dismissals during your child’s testing times. We appreciate your cooperation, attendance is important.
Thank you to all who donated over 180 food items this past week for the benefit of the Sycamore Food Pantry. It is really appreciated.
2015-16 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Registration went really well! Please remind your friends and neighbors that if their child is 5 years old on or before September 1, 2015, they should register them for kindergarten. Registration has already been held, so it is important if you didn’t sign up that you do as soon as possible! Our classes are filling up!
The West School Organization is looking for someone who would be willing to be the Treasurer for the 15-16 school year or more. It requires about an hour a week and attendance at the WSO meetings once a month. If you are interested or know of anyone you think might be, please let us know as soon as possible.