West Elementary School Vision Statement:
At West School, we are a community where students, staff, and families work collaboratively and creatively to nurture lifelong learners. We implement best practices and hold all individuals to high expectations of character and achievement.Parents,
LET’S LOOK AHEAD………… MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
· Thursday, January 15 – Permission Form due for IN-SCHOOL-DENTIST Monday, January 19 – Martin Luther King Birthday– NO SCHOOL
· Friday, January 23 – YOUNG AUTHOR Project due to Office.
· Friday, January 23 – Progress Reports Distributed
· Tuesday, January 27 – Sycamore FIFTH GRADE BAND CONCERT – 7:00 P.M. @ Sycamore High School Auditorium
· Monday, February 2 – MARKET DAY PICKUP – 4:00-5:00 P.M.
· Thursday, February 5 – IN-SCHOOL-DENTIST
· Monday, February 9 – WSO (West School Organization) Meeting – 7:00 P.M. Parents - Please join us!
· Friday, February 13 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Institute Day
· Monday, February 16 – NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
· Friday, February 20 – MARDI GRAS – 6:00 – 8:00 P.M.
· Friday, February 27 – SPRING PICTURES
***The In-School Dentist is coming to West Elementary School! (see attachment)
Smile Illinois…the mobile dentists will be at West Elementary 2/5/2015!
Permission slips were sent out. ANY student can have a dental cleaning, screening, fluoride and sealants (as appropriate) here at school during the school day. ****Complete the permission form and return it to the nurse’s office by - JANUARY 15, 2015 to participate!
Young Author Projects
Projects are due to the office no later than Friday, January 23, 2015. If your child wishes to submit a project for this contest, the majority of the work needs to be done at home. Here are some guidelines to follow:
· Work must be original and should demonstrate creativity.
· The story must be written in the child’s own words and should be of interest to the child’s own age group.
· Illustrations may be done by the child.
· Parents may give suggestions as to how to improve the manuscript. They may serve as editors but not as co-authors.
· Quality counts. Many pages that say nothing will not make a winner.
· Spelling, punctuation, and grammar must be perfect in the final copy.
· Dictated books may be typed or handwritten by an adult.
· The book should have an attractive front cover, title page, clean back cover and be formatted as much as possible like trade books for primary school children.
Those selected will receive building recognition and Community members will select (3) three representatives from all students that participated in district. Those students will receive plaques and will be honored at the March 10, 2015 Board of Education Meeting.
7:00 PM FIFTH GRADE BAND CONCERT
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM School Board Meeting - Administration Building
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM MARKET DAY PICKUP – 4:00-5:00 P.M.
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM IN-SCHOOL-DENTIST