On October 31, 2018, the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) released the 2018 Illinois School Report Cards. These Report Cards show how well our schools are progressing on a wide range of educational goals.
We pride ourselves on the authentic learning experiences we are creating for our learners.
- At Sycamore High School 10% of seniors participate in academies, where students are able to collaborate with local professionals in the business, manufacturing, agriculture, and healthcare fields.
- 100% of Eighth graders who enrolled in High School Algebra passed and started their high school transcript a year ahead of their peers.
- 22 students from this year’s fifth class participate in the District “Walk to Learn” program. This program allows students to spend a part of their day at Sycamore Middle School and the remainder of their day at their home elementary school.
- In addition to a strong core curriculum, our elementary and middle school students receive a comprehensive curriculum in fine arts, technology, and physical education.
- Students are able to participate in athletic and extracurricular activities at the high school and middle school level. At Sycamore Middle School students are able to join 14 before or after school clubs, and almost 40% of students participate on an athletic team. At Sycamore High School 45% of the student body participates in one of the school’s 23 athletic teams and have access to participate in nearly 60 clubs or activities.
- Over 40% of the seniors take AP courses during their senior year, and nearly 20% take dual credit courses through our ‘Kish on Campus’ program in partnership with Kishwaukee College.
While we’re excited about our progress, we continue our commitment to our students and community to build on the talent of our learners.
To view a copy of your learners’ school report card, click the links below:
- District Report Card
- Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Middle School
- North Elementary School
- North Grove Elementary School
- South Prairie Elementary School
- Southeast Elementary School
- West Elementary School
We at Sycamore Community School District 427 hold a high expectation to live our mission to “Empower All Learners To Succeed In Their World.” Thank you for your continued partnership in supporting our learners.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Learning and Teaching Office at (815) 899-8100.