In Sycamore, we “empower all learners to succeed in their world.”
- Sycamore Community School District #427 was formed in 1950.
- It encompasses 80+ square miles.
- K-12 enrollment is approximately 3,763. Of those, 1692 are in one of five elementary schools, 859 are in the Middle School, and 1202 are enrolled in the High School.
- Our average ACT composite score- 22.7.
- We have a highly qualified/balanced staff. 74.8% of teachers have a Masters degree or higher. The average teaching experience in the district is 13.2 years.
- We have a comprehensive educational program.
- Sycamore Community School District #427 is a member of Kishwaukee Education Consortium.
We make every effort to provide transparent communication about the school district with our stakeholders by providing them with access to school district information.
Financial Information, including:
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
Sycamore Community School District #427 does not employ any lobbying firms to further its interests at the federal, state, or local levels. Sycamore Community School District #427, the Board of Education, and/or administrators are currently members of these professional organizations that may or may not do lobbying:
- IAASE-Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education
- IASBO-Illinois Association of School Business Officials
- ASBO International-The Association of School Business Officials International
- ASCD-Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- IESA-Illinois Elementary School Association
- IASA-Illinois Association of School Administrators
- LUDA-Large Unit District Association
- IHSA-Illinois High School Association
- IPA-Illinois Principal Association
- IRC-Illinois Reading Council
- IRA-International Reading Association
- IASB-Illinois Association of School Boards
- NASB-National Association of School Boards
- ISNS-Illinois School News Service
- ISBE-Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois Athletic Directors Association
- National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association
- USA Wrestling
- Phi Delta Kappan
- Harvard Education
- Education Week
- Learning Forward
- Kane County Curriculum Leaders
- DuPage County Curriculum Leaders
- DeKalb County Farm Bureau
- Sycamore Chamber of Commerce
- Student Fees 2016-2017
- Tax information
- Financial Planning Projection 2014
- District 2015-2016 Goals
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Tax Rates 2014