Winter Weather Reminders
As winter temperatures are now present in our region, we to remind our families of our Inclement Weather protocol.
In some cases, we may decide to delay the start of school by two hours if it is expected that the temperature or road conditions will improve. When this decision is made, our schools will start two hours later than the regularly scheduled time.
- Elementary Schools
- Start at 10:45 AM
- Walk to Learn students should report directly to their home school.
- Sycamore Middle School
- Start at 9:45 AM
- Sycamore High School
- Start at 9:50 AM
- Zero Hour classes will be cancelled
In addition, the following changes will be made to our specialized programs:
- Little Spartans Early Learning Program morning classes will be canceled. The afternoon classes will continue at their regular time.
- Morning OSCAR will be canceled, and our OSCAR Jr. will be open at 10:00 AM.
- Life School will be on a one-hour delay and begin at 10:00 AM.
- All out-placed students will not report to school
If it is determined conditions will not improve, the decision to close schools will be made. When the decision is made, you will be notified through our various communication channels. When our schools are closed, our OSCAR program will also be closed as well.
Unless you receive a notification from us, our schools will remain open. We use the following communication methods to notify families of a delayed start or school closing:
- Recorded Phone Call
- Text Notification
- District Email
- App Notification (ParentSquare)
- District Website - syc427.org
- District Social Media Channels - Facebook and Instagram
Please remember that when schools are open and families have a concern, it is their right to keep their students home. If families choose to keep their students home, please use the school attendance line to notify school personnel.
For our elementary families, just a reminder that our students will go outside for recess even on snowy days. Please be sure to send your student to school with snow gear. This includes:
- Winter coat
- Snow pants
- Snow boots
It is also a great idea to label these items in case they are misplaced.