Out of School Care
School Year OSCAR
OSCAR provides before and after school care at our elementary schools. Care begins at 7:00 AM at all locations and after school we provide care until 6:00 PM. Students engage in games, activities, homework assistance and physical activity!
At OSCAR we keep a ratio of one staff member to ten students. All staff are CPR and First Aid certified. In the after school program, each school has a Site Director who is responsible for programming and the communication between staff and families.
Registration for the school year OSCAR opens on June 1st and stays open the whole school year. When registering during the school year please note there is a 24 hour wait period before the student is able to start care.
OSCAR Jr is a daycare provided to students who are currently enrolled in the Little Spartan Early Learning Program through the District. Care is provided Monday through Thursday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM. OSCAR Jr follows the same academic calendar as Little Spartans and is closed during school breaks. Classrooms for OSCAR Jr are located at South Prairie Elementary.
Cost for care is $35 per day per student. Cost includes breakfast, lunch and snacks.
Our community partners provide opportunities to our students outside of the school building, which would not otherwise be possible, including outdoor activities, nature lessons, and reading enrichment.
OSCAR Program Handbook
A consistent set of procedures ensures that OSCAR can provide an enriching experience to all students. For information about registration and payment, daily procedures, and student expectations, view the handbook.
Although Sycamore Community School District 427 does not offer financial assistance for childcare beyond payment plans, families may be eligible to receive financial assistance from 4-C: Community Coordinated Child Care.
- What is the staff-to-student ratio?
- How many days a week must I sign up for in order to enroll my student in school year OSCAR?
- Where are All Days held?
- Where do students go for early dismissals?
- What behavior system do you use?
- Do you have an OSCAR Program Handbook?
- Who are the staff?
- What if I need to change my student’s schedule?
- When do I get my bills and how do I pay them?
- How do I apply to work for OSCAR?
- How old do I need to be to work for OSCAR?
- Does OSCAR accomodate students with disabilities?
- Do students get fed at OSCAR?
- What do students do at OSCAR?
- Does OSCAR accept volunteers to work for them?
- Does OSCAR allow students outside of Sycamore Community School District 427 to enroll?