District Device Protection Plan
Sycamore Community School District 427 provides and administers a protection plan for families as part of our AnyTimeAnyWhere Chromebook program.
Enrollment in this plan is optional. The plan covers "accidental damage" to the device and is designed to limit a family's financial responsibility for any damage as described in the coverage section below. This plan protects the device, not the user, and provides coverage as indicated on this page.
(Subject to Deductible Plan)
- Accidental Damage: Pays for the accidental damage caused by liquid spills, drops, or any other unintentional event when the individual demonstrates responsible care.
- Fire: Pays for loss of or damage of the device due to fire. The claim must be accompanied by an official fire report from the investigating authority.
- Theft: Pays for loss of the device due to theft. The claim must be accompanied by an official police report from the investigating authority.
- Electronic Surge: Pays for the damage to the device due to an electrical surge.
- Natural Disasters: Pays for the loss damage to the device caused by natural disasters
What is not covered even if you paid the protection plan fee?
- Loss or damage of the device accessories (case, cords, chargers)
- Loss of Device
- Damage caused by neglect
- Intentional damage
- Dishonest, fraudulent actions
- Failure to demonstrate responsible care, including liquid damage
- Consumables: Including but not limited to the case, the cord, and the brick
- Cosmetic Damage: This Includes intentional cosmetic changes to the device, case, and/or charger
- "Jailbreaking" or otherwise voiding the manufacturer's warranty by altering the software.
- Sycamore Community School District 427 is not liable for any loss, damage (including incidental, consequential, or punitive damages) for expenses caused directly or indirectly by the equipment.
- Violating the 1:1 Device User Agreement - In Development
If a student is unenrolled from Sycamore Community School District 427 for any reason, this protection plan agreement becomes null and void on the date. There are no refunds once this agreement becomes active on the date the device is issued. The device must be returned on the last day of student attendance.