Arriving to School Precautionary Procedures
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The CDC and IDPH guidelines for students who are suspected of having COVID-19 symptoms, whether they are tested or not, state that 72 hours must elapse from the resolution of fever without fever-reducing medication and 14 days must pass after symptoms first appear.
This list does not include all possible symptoms. The CDC will continue to update this list as they learn more about COVID-19.
Each of our schools will designate a safe, supervised area to quarantine any individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms. If a student becomes ill with COVID-19 like symptoms at school, they will be supervised by a student health professional until they are able to be picked up from school.
Finally, please note that this year, we will not be issuing awards for perfect attendance. The top priority of our school district is that your children are safe and healthy. If your child is sick, please keep them home.
- Temperature of 100.4 (or greater) degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle and body aches;
- Sore throat;
- New loss of taste or smell;
- Congestion or runny nose;
- Nausea and/or vomiting;
- Diarrhea; or
- Any other COVID-19 symptoms identified by the CDC or IDPH.
By sending a student on District transportation and/or to school on any given day, a parent/guardian is certifying and verifying that their student has received a daily symptom screening and is not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Please review the following bus expectations with your children prior to the beginning of the school year:
- Students will board the bus and fill the seats from the rear towards the front.
- All students will self-certify prior to boarding the school bus. Details about self-certification procedures for our families are forthcoming.
- Students will have assigned seats on the bus, with siblings of the same household being placed near one another.
- All windows on the bus will be open to allow for sufficient air-flow throughout the bus. Students are encouraged to dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Students are encouraged to maintain social distancing at their bus stops prior to the arrival of the school bus. Parents, please talk to your children about maintaining social distance between their classmates as they wait for the bus to arrive.
- Drivers and monitors must wear approved and appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) and perform regular hand hygiene.
- Drivers and monitors must complete a symptom and temperature check or self-certify prior to the start of their bus route.
- Buses will be disinfected daily.