In the Event of a Confirmed COVID-19 Case
We anticipate revised guidance regarding quarantines from the Illinois Department of Public Health prior to the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
Based on the most current guidance, a close contact is:
- A person was within 6 feet of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or symptomatic for a cumulative 15 minutes.
- A person shared eating or drinking utensils.
- Another person sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on a person.
- All students who have been medically excluded for any of the above reasons must check-in and be cleared by the school nurse prior to returning to class.
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be reported to the local health department by the school nurse or designee as required by the Illinois Infectious Disease Reporting requirements issued by the IDPH.
- Families will immediately be informed of any possible exposure their child may have had to a person with a confirmed COVID-19 case while maintaining student and staff confidentiality rights.
- If a student or staff member develops symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day:
- If a student or staff member is confirmed to have a case of COVID-19, the following steps will be taken immediately to reduce transmission:
- If a student or staff member has had close contact with the individual confirmed to have a case of COVID-19, the following steps will be taken immediately to reduce transmission: