Next Steps for Monday, March 15, 2021
|Elementary Schools||Middle School||High School|
|Start Time||9:00 AM||7:50 AM||7:45 AM|
|End Time||2:10 PM||2:30 PM||2:41 PM|
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) Grade Level Team Meetings
- Special Education Services Provided on Friday. Staff has more flexibility to schedule groups because it is asynchronous.
- Reading Services to Students who qualify for support
- Supply Pick-Up at elementary schools
- Material Preparation
- Lesson Recording- Preparing, recording, editing, posting
- Preparing Google Classroom and Teaching Boards
- PLC Building Team Meetings- Planning, pacing, assessments, resources
- Student Assessments
- Building Meetings
- Special Education planning between general education teachers and special education staff to support students with Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Federally-mandated IEP Meetings with staff, parents, administrators, and students (when appropriate)
- Professional development such as training on new technology applications and equipment purchased this year.
- Communicating with parents via emails, phone calls, virtual meetings
As a result of this critical work, Fridays are not recommended to be added to the hybrid learning schedule at this time.
- Remote students continuing to participate in parallel with in-person students; or
- A “remote academy” where remote students are assigned to a teacher who works solely with students who have opted for remote learning; or
- Other models that may be available for consideration at that time.
Variables such as staff availability, ability to maintain students’ classroom teacher assignment, minimize any changes if students opt to change their designation from remote to in-person, cost, logistics, and other variables will be considered as we finalize our plans for the remote learning option for the 2021-2022 school year.
It is important to note that regardless of the safety guidelines at the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year, the district cannot guarantee that individuals in attendance at school will be able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
Students and their families will be asked to designate their desire for remote or in-person learning 7-10 days following the Regular Meeting of the Board of Education in July.