The following instructions cover creating a Canvas Parent account and adding/removing students for observation. If you already have a Canvas Parent account, you can disregard step two of this process.
- Student generates a pairing code
- Parent creates a Canvas Parent account and enters the pairing code
- Parent logs into Canvas Parent account via the app (optional)
- Logging in with Find School
- Logging in with QR Code
- Parent enters additional pairing code(s)
- Parent enters an additional pairing code to add/remove a student to the existing Canvas account Chromebook/PC
- Parent enters an additional pairing code to add/remove a student to the existing Canvas account Canvas Parent App
- Select "Account"
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Pair with Observer"
- Write Down Pairing Code (note expiration)
- In any web browser window, open the district's Canvas URL (https://syc427.instructure.com/login/canvas)
- Select "Click Here For an Account"
- Enter your name, email, a password, your student's pairing code (from step one)
- Click "Start Participating." The Student Dashboard will appear.
Logging in with Find School
- Use two fingers and double tap the Canvas Logo
- Confirm "Canvas Login" then select "Find School"
- Type sycamore in "Find your School or District"
- Select "Sycamore CUSD 427"
- Login with the credentials you created in step two
Logging in with QR Code
- Select QR Login
- Scan QR Code
- Select Account
- Select "Observing"
- Add additional Student Pairing Code (see step one)
- OR Remove Student
For Canvas Parent App
- Select Drop-Down Arrow
- Select "Add Student"
- Add additional Pairing Code (see step one)
- Input Pairing Code (then click "Add")