The SchoolMessenger App’s Messages page displays all messages (voice, email, or text) sent to you from your school and/or district during the last 30 days, as well as the messages and conversations that have taken place in the SchoolMessenger App group(s) you have joined.
They are sorted newest first, oldest last. The headings of all messages will appear on the left side of the Messages screen.
There are two types of messages:
- Broadcast Messages: Sent by the school or district as SchoolMessenger Broadcasts to school-affiliated users (emergency, attendance, general, etc.).
- Teacher-Sent Messages: Messages sent initially by teachers either publicly or privately to participants who are members of a SchoolMessenger App group.
These are messages sent by the school or district and not meant to be replied to or engage with.
- Broadcast messages are labelled with their type in the upper right-hand corner of the message.
- Selected messages to be read will be highlighted in blue.
- The message view type (email, voice, or SMS) will be highlighted with a blue line.
If enabled by your district, you will see messages sent by teachers to groups. These are different from Broadcast messages in that as a participant, you may be able to reply and engage with the sender and other participants. Your ability to comment depends on the message settings determined by either the district, teacher, or both.
Below is an example of what your Messages Page will look like:
- Message senders will have their own colored icon with their initials.
- Recipients can like a message.
- Attach a file to your comment.
- Write your comment in the provided field.
- Click the Send button to send your comment.
Responding to a SchoolMessenger App Message
Anyone receiving a SchoolMessenger app-based message created by a teacher may read the message, and, if enabled, read the comments of other group members and reply.
The circumstances are defined by the teacher who created the original message or our support teams. Messages may be configured so that:
- Comments can be entered and read by everyone.
- Comments can be entered by group members but will be received privately and read only by the teacher
- No comments are allowed
Deleting Your Comment
Add an Attachment to a Comment
Use attachments to send the following file types in your reply:
- Images (PNG, JPG)
- Documents (PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX)
- Video (MP4)
- Audio (MP3, WAV, M4A)
Note that the maximum file size is 20MB and you can only send one attachment per message.