After successfully logging in with a verified email, you should expect to se any messages that you’ve recently received for any Contacts – student, staff, and/or guardian records – associated with your account email address. You can navigate through your district-enabled options by using the left navigation bar.
When your email address isn’t associated with school-enabled records
If the SchoolMessenger App isn’t able to match your email to any contact data in their systems, your messages inbox will appear empty. You’ll have the option to try to match a potential school record using your phone number.
- Click the “…search for contacts by phone” link at the bottom of the screen. A window pops up asking you to import your phone number.
- Enter your phone number your school district has on file.
- Select an option to receive a verification code.
- Click Send Code. A verification code will be sent to the number you entered.
- Input the verification code you received and click Verify.
- If the system found additional contacts, they will be automatically added to your app under Contacts.
- If the system didn’t find additional contacts, you can:
- Try another number by clicking the “Try another phone number?” link.
- Contact your school district to verify that you have the correct phone number and/or email address they have on file.
- Make sure the location you chose at Sign Up is correct.