The SchoolMessenger app allows schools and school districts to inform you about school-related emergencies, school closures, or other school-related issues.
Once you’ve created your account, we’ll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account – student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days-worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
Sycamore Community School District’s settings will allow you to:
- Send messages to automatically-created groups associated with your account.
- Create groups with generated codes you can distribute to those who you want join.
You will find all of these messages in an easily-accessible inbox. If you are associated with students in different schools or districts, all matching records will be linked to your account. With flexible preference controls, most kinds of communication can be configured to be accessed exclusively via the SchoolMessenger app.
SchoolMessenger and the TCPA
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 U.S.C. 227) is a law that was passed by the US Congress in 1991. This law places restrictions on telephone solicitations and the use of automated telephone equipment, protecting the public from receiving unwanted phone calls.
While schools enjoy exemptions from some of these restrictions, the preference configurations within the SchoolMessenger App allow you to set your consent state (“yes” or “no”) for each phone number associated with your account. With the exception of emergency calls, which cannot be exempted, any phone number whose consent state is set to “no” will not receive calls from SchoolMessenger.
- Click the icon to access more options.
- Click either the Log in or Sign up to access the SchoolMessenger App.
- Download the mobile app from either Apple’s App Store or Android’s Google Play page.
- Click the link for a quick informational video.