In an effort to continue efficient communication with our stakeholders and be “eco-friendly”, the Sycamore Community School District #427 will use a “Virtual Backpack” for distributing information from non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, and business partners. Approved flyers will now be available from the district website. Although this will not replace all paper items sent home with our students, it will greatly reduce the amount.
If you wish to receive paper documentation, please contact your student’s school, and these documents will continue to be sent home with your student.
Those wishing to submit information to be posted to the Virtual Backpack may do so by emailing a PDF of the requested posting to Sycamore Community School District #427 in care of Kathy Sloniker (firstname.lastname@example.org ), at least one week in advance of the desired posting date. Please include a contact name, phone number of that person, requested posting dates, title for the backpack, grade level and any other pertinent information regarding the posting. Prior to submitting, please review the Virtual Backpack Guidelines for Flyer Approval.
Materials posted on this page are the responsibility of the organization represented, and endorsement by Sycamore Community School District #427 is neither direct nor implied.
- Grades All– Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra Winter Wonderland — Posted through 12/9/2018
- Grades K-8– Educate Fall 2018 Tutoring — Posted through 12/15/2018
- Grades PreK-5– Holiday Dance Clinic — Posted through 12/16/2018
- Grades 3-5 — Girls on the Run Program is in need of Coaches — Posted through 12/21/2018
- Grades K-5 — CATCH News — Posted through 12/21/2018
Long Term Opportunities
- Grades 3-5 — Girls on the Run –Register thru February 15th
- Grades All– The Wizard of Oz at Paramount Theatre thru January 6th
- Grades All– Ovation Performing Arts Studio
- Grades PreK-12 — Just For Kix Dance Classes
- Grades 6-8 — No School Days – Digital Design Workshops