In an effort to continue efficient communication with our stakeholders and be “eco-friendly”, the Sycamore Community School District #427 will use a “Virtual Backpack” for distributing information from non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, and business partners. Approved flyers will now be available from the district website. Although this will not replace all paper items sent home with our students, it will greatly reduce the amount.
If you wish to receive paper documentation, please contact your student’s school, and these documents will continue to be sent home with your student.
Those wishing to submit information to be posted to the Virtual Backpack may do so by emailing a PDF of the requested posting to Sycamore Community School District #427 in care of Kathy Sloniker (firstname.lastname@example.org ), at least one week in advance of the desired posting date. Please include a contact name, phone number of that person, requested posting dates, title for the backpack, grade level and any other pertinent information regarding the posting. Prior to submitting, please review the Virtual Backpack Guidelines for Flyer Approval.
Materials posted on this page are the responsibility of the organization represented, and endorsement by Sycamore Community School District #427 is neither direct nor implied.
- All Ages — Full Moon Hike — Posted through 9/13/2019
- Grades 5-8 — Sycamore Fury Basketball Tryouts — Posted through 9/14/2019
- All Ages — Tails Humane Society Mutt Strut — Posted through 9/15/2019
- Grades K-8 — YMCA Superhero Half Marathon — Posted through 9/15/2019
- All Ages — CCT Penguin Project Presents “Hairspray, Jr.” — Posted through 9/16/2019
- Grades 1-8 — Sycamore Park District: Elementary and Jr. High Art Clubs — Posted through 9/18/2019
- All Grades — Lancer Dash & Family Fun Fest — Posted through 9/21/2019
- Grades 3-4 — National Elephant Appreciation Day at MMNH — Posted through 9/21/2019
- Grades K-5 — Superhero Challenge — Posted through 9/22/2019
- Ages 12 and older — Project Seth Scavenger Hunt — Posted through 9/22/2019
- Grades 1-8 — Sycamore Boys Basketball Academy — Posted through 9/29/2019
- All Ages — Fun for the Whole Family this Fall at Paramount Theatre and Paramount School of the Arts — Posted through 9/30/2019
- Grades PreK-8 — Healthy Kids Running Series — Posted through 9/30/2019
- Ages 16-Adult — Kishwaukee College September Programs — Posted through 9/30/2019
- Grades 1-12 — YMCA DeKalb County Swim Team — Posted through 10/1/2019
- Grades All — YMCA Halloween Bash — Posted through 10/20/2019
- Grades 6-9 — Teen No School Day Trips with Sycamore Park District — Posted through 10/23/2019
- Grades All — Autumn Craft & Treasures Market — Posted through 10/30/2019
- Grades K-12 — Educate Tutoring Schedule — Posted through 10/30/2019
- Grades 10-12 — Midwest Museum of Natural History Volunteers Wanted — Posted through 11/15/2019
- Grades K-5 — Multicultural Story Time Series: Southeast Asia — Posted through 11/15/2019
Long Term Opportunities
- Grades All– Ovation Performing Arts Studio