In an effort to continue efficient communication with our stakeholders and be “eco-friendly”, the Sycamore Community School District #427 will use a “Virtual Backpack” for distributing information from non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, and business partners. Approved flyers will now be available from the district website. Although this will not replace all paper items sent home with our students, it will greatly reduce the amount.
If you wish to receive paper documentation, please contact your student’s school, and these documents will continue to be sent home with your student.
Those wishing to submit information to be posted to the Virtual Backpack may do so by emailing a PDF of the requested posting to Sycamore Community School District #427 in care of Kathy Sloniker (firstname.lastname@example.org ), at least one week in advance of the desired posting date. Please include a contact name, phone number of that person, requested posting dates, title for the backpack, grade level and any other pertinent information regarding the posting. Prior to submitting, please review the Virtual Backpack Guidelines for Flyer Approval.
Materials posted on this page are the responsibility of the organization represented, and endorsement by Sycamore Community School District #427 is neither direct nor implied.
- Grades All — Pay-It-Foward House BBQ Dinner Fundraiser — Posted through 2/22/2020
- Grades 6-12 — Teen STEM Cafes – Ocean Alert — Posted through 2/24/2020
- Grades 3-10 — Welcome to 4-H — Posted through 3/1/2020
- Grades 4-6 — Boys and Girls Science Siesta — Posted through 3/1/2020
- Grades K-12 — Scout of the Year — Posted through 3/1/2020
- Grades 6-12 — Teen STEM Cafe Team — Posted through 3/6/2020
- Grades All — Children’s Community Theatre production of Willy Wonka — Posted through 3/15/2020
- Grades K-5 — Royal Children’s Ball Event — Posted through 3/15/2020
- Grades All — FREE Smoke Alarm Installation — Posted through 3/29/2020
- Ages 6-14 — Sycamore Junior Spartans Football– Cheerleading Registration — Posted through 3/31/2020
- Age 6-6th Grade — Sycamore Junior Spartans Football Registration — Posted through 3/31/2020
- Ages 6-18 — DeKalb County Swim Team – Dive In & Try It Out! — Posted through 4/3/2020
- Grades PreK-12 — Spring Soccer — Posted through 4/11/2020
- Grades PreK-12 — Russell Hustle 2020 — Posted through 4/19/2020
- Grades All — Kishwaukee Family YMCA Healthy Kids Day — Posted through 4/19/2020
- Grades 1-9 — Camp Woodbrooke – Wisconsin Summer Camp — Posted through 6/1/2020
- Grades PreK-9 — YMCA Summer Day Camp — Posted through 6/8/2020