In an effort to continue efficient communication with our stakeholders and be “eco-friendly”, the Sycamore Community School District #427 will use a “Virtual Backpack” for distributing information from non-profit organizations, intergovernmental agencies, and business partners. Approved flyers will now be available from the district website. Although this will not replace all paper items sent home with our students, it will greatly reduce the amount.
If you wish to receive paper documentation, please contact your student’s school, and these documents will continue to be sent home with your student.
Those wishing to submit information to be posted to the Virtual Backpack may do so by emailing a PDF of the requested posting to Sycamore Community School District #427 in care of Kathy Sloniker (firstname.lastname@example.org ), at least one week in advance of the desired posting date. Please include a contact name, phone number of that person, requested posting dates, title for the backpack, grade level and any other pertinent information regarding the posting. Prior to submitting, please review the Virtual Backpack Guidelines for Flyer Approval.
Materials posted on this page are the responsibility of the organization represented, and endorsement by Sycamore Community School District #427 is neither direct nor implied.
- Grades K-8– Midwest Museum of Natural History Upcoming Events and Classes — Posted through 3/23/2019
- Grades PreK-12– Soccer Registration for AYSO — Posted through 3/30/2019
- Grades All– United Leukodystrophy Foundation’s Disney Raffle — Posted through 3/30/2019
- Grades All– Kishwaukee College-Community Education-March Classes — Posted through 3/30/2019
- Grades 8-11– Sycamore High School Cheer Tryouts — Posted through 4/12/2019
- Grades All– Russell Hustle — Posted through 4/14/2019
- Grades All– Sons of the American Legion – Pork Chop Dinner — Posted through 4/14/2019
- Grades 8-11– 2019-2020 Sycamore High School Dance Team Tryouts — Posted through 5/9/2019
- Grades All– Girls on the Run is looking for volunteers for the 5K on May 18th — Posted through 5/17/2019
- Grades K-6– Sycamore Youth Football & Cheer Leading Sign Up — Posted through 5/30/2019
- Ages 10-14 — Outdoor Living Skills — Posted through 7/15/2019
- Grades 2-10 — Camp Woodbrooke — Posted through 7/15/2019
Long Term Opportunities
- Grades All– Ovation Performing Arts Studio
- Grades PreK-12 — Just For Kix Dance Classes
- Grades 6-8 — No School Days – Digital Design Workshops
Summer Camps and Learning Opportunities